IB JIO Work profile
Collaboration with other intelligence agencies such as DIA & RAW to ensure the Intelligence Bureau's effectiveness
Keep track of central intelligence information such as currency exchange issues, unethical trafficking, & malpractices
Obtain intelligence & details about internal and external security issues
Create intelligence reports & sending them to senior Intelligence Bureau personnel such as ACIO - II.
Stay intuned with the newest advancements in intelligence & security
Intelligence Bureau Security Assistant Interview
Interview playlist for IB -
Security assistant #IB Interview | Security executive intelligence bureau IB interview questions | PD Classes
About Manoj Sharma - An Interview specialist and English pedagogue.
Q. 1 What is Internal security?
Ans. Internal security is the security of country within its borders.
• This implies the maintenance of peace and low and order.
• Upholding the sovereignty of the country within its territory.
Q.2 Which Ministry takes care of internal security of India?
Ans. Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
Q.3 Which Ministry is responsible for external security of India?
Ans. Ministry of Defence (MoD).
Q4. Internal security comes under purview of which force?
Ans. Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) and Police.
Q5. How many forces does Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) comprise?
Ans. Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) comprise 8 police forces-
• BSF (Border Security Force)
• CISF (Central Industrial Security Force)
• ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Police Force)
• CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)
• SSB (Shastra Seema Bal)
• NSG (national security guard)
• SPG (special protection group)
• RPF (railway protection force)
Q6. Classification of threat to India’s security?
• Internally-aided external
• External-aided internal
Q7. Who classify these four type of threats to a state?
Ans. Kautilya mentioned in Arthshastra.
Q8. What is terrorism?
Ans. Terrorism is a state of terror, panic and fear psychosis, created by an individual or a group of people in
order to force, coerce, or blackmail the authorities using violent methods to accept their demand or to
attain political, religious or ideological goals.
Q9. In what type terrorism can be classified?
Ans. Two Types.
Q10. What are two types of terrorism?
• Terrorism by External state Actor.
• Terrorism by non-state actor.
Q11. What is the External state Actor terrorism?
Ans. When any govt. directly or indirectly indulges in terrorism against its own people or the people of
Q12. What is the terrorism by non-state Actor?
Ans. Act of terrorism is performed by an individual or group which is not associated with or financed by any
Watch IB INTERVIEW - IB SA Interview
Q13. What is the motto of ISI?
• To bleed India with thousand cuts.
• To destabilize the Indian economy.
• To supply arm and explosive to militants in India.
• To spread and support Islamic fundamentalist activity.
• To spread communal hatred and violence in India.
Q14. When did 8th report on Terrorism in India Published?
Ans. In 2008
Q15. Categorization of terrorism in India?
• Hinterland terrorism
• Jammu and Kashmir militancy
• North-East insurgency
• Left-Wing extremism
Q16. When did Khalistan movement happen in Punjab?
Ans. In 1980
Q17. Who was the founder of the Khalistan movement?
Ans. Jagjit singh Chauhan
Q18. What was the demand of Khalistan movement?
Ans. The Demand was to create an independent Sikh state in the Punjab region of South Asia.
Q19. Which operation launched to counter the Khalistan Movement?
Ans. Operation Blue star
Q20. When was the Operation blue star launched?
Ans. 1 June 1984
Q21. Where the Blue star Operation launched?
Ans. Golden temple, Amritsar, Punjab
Q22. Name the Airplane hijacked in 1999?
Q23. The aircraft AI-814 was associated with which airline?
Ans. Air India
Q24. Who hijacked the aircraft AI-814?
Ans. Harkat-ul-Mujahideen with an active support of Taliban.
Q25. From where it has been hijacked (AI-814)?
Ans. International Airport in Kathmandu on Friday, 24 December 1999.
Q26. Where it has been taken after hijacking of AI-814?
Ans. when it was hijacked and flown to several locations before landing in Kandahar, Afghanistan.
Q27. Brahmaputra Mail train bombing happened in which year?
Ans. In 1996
Q28. First time Mumbai bomb blast happened in which year?
Ans. In 1993
Q29. Who was behind the Mumbai blast of 2006?
Q30. In which year Attack on Parliament happened?
Ans. In 13 December 2001
Q31. Who was behind the attack on parliament?
Ans. Lashkar-e-Taiba and Jaish-e-Mohammad.
Q32. Uri military camp attack carried out in which year?
Ans. : 2016
Q33. Name the terrorist organization behind the Uri Attack?
Q34. Name the terrorist groups based on Pakistan?
• Islamic state Khorasan province
• Tarik-e-Taliban Pakistan
• Hizbul Mujahideen
• Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT)
• Jaish-e-Muhammad (JeM)
Q35. Who is the founder of Lashkar-e-Taiba?
Ans. Hafez Saeed
Q36. When LeT was founded?
Ans. In 1990
Q37. Who is the Founder of Jaish-e-Mohammad?
Ans. Masood Azhar
Q38. When did Masood Azhar release from India?
Ans. In 1999, In Kandahar flight hijack
Q39. Jaish-e-Mohammad formed in which year?
Ans. In 2000
Q40. Name the attacks carried out by Jiash-e-Muhammad (JeM) in India?
• Parliament attack 2001
• Pathankot airbase attack in 2016
• Pulwama attack 2019
Q41. What is the full form of SIMI?
Ans. Student Islamic Movement of India
Q42. When was SIMI formed?
Ans. In, 1997
Q43. When was Student Islamic movement of India Got banned in India?
Ans. In 2001
Q44. What was Motto of SIMI when it was formed?
Ans. Liberation of India from Western materialistic culture influence
Q45. What become the Motto of SIMI in 1980-1990?
Ans. convert whole India into Islamic land
Q46. Where is the Headquarter of National Investigation Agency?
Ans. New Delhi
Q47. When did Khalistan Liberation force banned in India?
Ans. In 2018
Q48. Khalistan Liberation Force has been banned through which act?
Ans. Khalistan Liberation force got banned under First schedule of UAPA.
Q49. What is the full form of UAPA?
Ans. Unlawful Activities prevention Act
Q50. When was UAPA came into force?
Ans. In 1967
Q51. What is the Full form of ISIS?
Ans. Islamic state of Iraq and Syria
Q52. Who was the founder of ISIS?
Ans. Abu Musad al-Zarqawi
Q53. When was ISIS founded?
Ans. IN 1999
Q54. What is the Ideology of ISIS?
• Restoration of caliphate of early Islam
• Fighting non-Muslim country is purification of Islam
• Spread Jihad attacks
Q55. ISIS activity in India?
• Influence the youth of Kashmir against India
• Providing Arms to Militants
• Fake currency circulation to destabilize the economy of India
• Terror funding
• Drug trafficking
Q56. What are the reasons of spreading terrorism in India?
• More technology available to terrorist groups
• Targets of terrorists are more wide spread now
• Sophisticated mean of communication
• Intolerance in society
• International recognition and support
Q57. From where ISI/Terrorist group get funded?
• Donation from Islamic state in the name of Jihad
• Earning from drug trafficking
• Issuing fake Indian currency notes
• Trusts like Al-Rashid from Karachi
• Rabita trust from Islamabad
Q58. What are the Institutional framework in India to tackle the Terrorism?
• Intelligence Bureau (IB)
• State police
• Indian Armed Forces (Army, Navy, Airforce)
• National security guards (NSG)
• National Investigation agency (NIA)
Q59. What is the lone wolf attack?
Ans. When a terror attack is caused by a person (lone wolf) who prepare to commits violent acts alone
without material assistance from any group
Q60. What is TADA?
Ans. Terrorist and disruptive activity prevention act.
• It was First anti-terrorism law to counter terror activities in India.
Q61. When did TADA (Terrorist and Disruptive activity prevention act.) come into force?
Ans. In 1985.
Q62. What is POTA (prevention of terrorism Act)?
Ans. POTA was an anti-terrorism legislation enacted by parliament of India
Q63. When was POTA (Prevention of terrorism Act) enacted?
Ans. In 2002
Q64. Prevention of terrorism Act enacted after which attack?
Attack on Parliament in Dec 2001
Q65. How UAPA (Unlawful activity prevention act) works?
Ans. The Centre maintain a list of unlawful association which can be amended as and when required.
Once an organization is on list
• Membership of the organization become crime under UAPA
• Money going to it can be blocked
• Places it uses can be monitored
Q66. What are the factors responsible for banning an organization under UAPA?
Ans. Organization’s Activity supporting secession from India
• Disruption of sovereignty
• Territorial integrity of India
• Activity trying to effect India’s status as an independent nation
• Causing enmity towards India
Q67. When was NIA act and special NIA courts passed?
Ans. In Dec 2008
Q68. How many NIA special courts are there in India at present?
Ans. At present there are 38 special NIA courts in India
Q69. Which ministry Combating Financing of terrorism (CFT) cell created?
Ans. Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Q70. When was CFT (Combating Financing of Terrorism) Cell created?
Ans. In 2019
Q71. What are the steps to check the terror funding?
• Making terrorist finance an offence under UAPA
• Integrated actions of security agencies and CFT cell
• Improved safety features in new currency
Q72. Which special force were used to counter the 26/11 Mumbai attack?
Ans. National security Guards (NSG)
Q73. What are the major roles of anti-terrorist agencies?
• Intelligence gathering
• Training and Operation
Q74. What is NATGRID?
Ans. National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) is an integrated intelligence grid
• It will link the database of several departments and ministries of Govt. of India.
• It is yet to be operationalized.
Q75. Which special force were used in counter operation of Uri attack?
Ans. PARA special force, Indian Army
Q76. Which aircrafts were used in Balakot air strike By Indian Air force?
Ans. Miraj 2000
Q77. What is the Full form of NCTC?
Ans. National counter terrorism Centre
Q78. Where the Headquarter of IB located?
Ans. New Delhi
Q79. Who conceive the National Counter terrorism Centre?
Ans. Former Home Minister P. Chidambaram
Q80. Concept of NCTC conceived after which attack?
Ans. NCTC conceived after Mumbai attack 2008 also known as 26/11 (pd classes)
Q81. What are the way forwards to counter terrorism?
• Educate the people so that they didn’t get influenced for militancy
• Advancement of technology
• Integrated Intelligence framework
• Provide skill and Employment to youth
• Integrated operations with local/state police, CAPF and Armed Forces